by Ron Kurtus
Readers have sent in a total of 108 comments and questions on Sports issues. They are listed according to date.
You can read them to further your understanding of the subject.
|Oscar was a point guard||All-time NBA|
|All-time list||All-time NBA|
|Top five||All-time NBA||USA|
Oscar was a point guard
February 13, 2003
Oscar Roberts was a point guard not a two, were he average a triple-double every night for seasons.
You may be right. Robertson brought the ball down court himself and either dished it off or shot. Jerry West played both. Magic was more like Oscar in that he did it all.
December 2, 2002
The starting line up on my all star nba team would be
The playees names on the top would be the people that would start
Ebonicookie - (2377)
Thanks for your feedback.
October 15, 2002
I ran across your website and had to add my ultimate team who would never lose to any other five players.
The five greatest basketball players of all-time: All are pure champions in every sense of the word with hearts and minds of steel.
1) Magic Johnson (point guard) - some could say Stockton has more assists. True, but Magic played 1/2 the amount of years- he's also 6'9". End of story - he is on the list no question.
2) Michael Jordan (shooting guard) - no question
3) Larry Bird (forward) - no question
4) Bill Russell (forward) - I understand he's a center, however, Shaq needs to now be included on this list as the center as he has earned it and will still have several more championships before he's finished. Russell was such a versitale player and play maker that he could easily have played the forward position and been put on the list of one of the two greatest forwards of all time. Remember, these five players are who I would pick over any others in their prime and you need experience and maturity to gel all these personalities together and Russell would have been the gel.
5) Shaquille O'Neal (center) - I used to have Wilt, who I believe was a much better athlete and all around ball player than Kareem. However, O'Neal's sheer size and dominance and the fact he is now a champion puts him in the elite 5 greatest of all-time.
J - USA (2376)
Time will tell on Shaq. Don't forget that Wilt had to go up against the likes of Russell, Walt Belamy and some other top defensive centers. There aren't any real centers in the game today. Also, I prefer not to name active players, because you never know how their career will evolve.
Questions and comments
Do you have any questions, comments, or opinions on this subject? If so, send an email with your feedback. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Share this page
Click on a button to bookmark or share this page through Twitter, Facebook, email, or other services:
Students and researchers
The Web address of this page is:
Please include it as a link on your website or as a reference in your report, document, or thesis.
Where are you now?